Monday, May 11, 2015

Cooking from one ingredient items, Week 6!

So this week was 'unrecipe' week. It challenged me to make some of my own recipes, so I will share some of my culinary adventures of the week!
First off, followed the one new recipe from OneIngridientChef:
http://www.oneingredientchef.com/sparkling-sangria/
Well mostly: I lacked prosecco and didn't intend to drink it in one night so used a 'flat' white. Very tart drink but once I added the blueberries and added some basil too, blended together very well!


The first of my recipes was a take on polenta /reversed Shepard's pot pie.
1 cup gluten free polenta
1/4 nutritional yeast
1/4 gluten
3 cups water with some salt, pepper, and dash of vinegar
w/ One bag of mixed veggies from Trader Joe's on top!

So I realize the irony of how I played it out, but gluten really makes the polenta much stickier and hold together better, so not for Celiacs but with nutritional yeast one may accidentally think there is cheese in it. But once it was boiling for 10 minutes, put it in the oven with the cast iron skillet for 30 minutes, getting a nice crust on top. Then I threw the veggies on top with more spices (southwest seasoning) and back in the oven for another 10!

My last one was a very lazy combo dish of canned tomatoes and Beyond Meat's fake ground beef, which is like ground turkey but tastes better. And is quicker to make since I don't have to cook it through. Raw peas are safer than raw meat. So combined it with a can of crushed tomatos, curry powder, and tumeric on the stove top. And plated it with cilantro and basil to help mild the spices! Quick, easy, and nutritious. Plus, all the ingredients keep well so can be easily remade because I buy everything in bulk!





No comments:

Post a Comment